Heritage Counts in Yorkshire and the Humber
This year the Yorkshire and the Humber Historic Environment forum decided not to publish a regional report. However, Yorkshire and the Humber local area data is available in the Local Authority Profile section and regional data is available on the Indicators page, detailed below.
Historic environment indicators
The Heritage Counts indicators for Yorkshire and the Humber can be found on the Indicators page and data is categorised into five spreadsheets:
- Discovery, identification and understanding: Provides indicators on the scale and scope of the historic environment and assets
- Constructive conservation and sustainable management: Includes indicators on the overall condition of the historic environment with indicators from the Heritage at Risk programme and data on managing the historic environment including planning statistics
- Public engagement: Presents data on participation in heritage, heritage membership and volunteering in the sector
- Capacity building: Indicators of heritage investments from private, public and voluntary sectors as well as the skills and capacity of the sector
- Helping things to happen: Includes indicators of the importance of guardianship
A map showing the distribution of listed buildings in Yorkshire and the Humber is available here:
- Not produced in 2014, 2015 or 2016
Principal Local Engagement Adviser, Yorkshire and the Humber
Also of interest...
Historic England is calling for mill buildings to be converted to new uses. Read this and other local heritage stories in the Yorkshire region.