Ann Rouths Almshouses
Set into the pediment of these red brick almshouses for elderly women is a very fine coloured Rococo cartouche of arms, its frame formed by scrolls and palm leaves. This rests on a tablet which records that hospital was endowed by the late Anne Routh Moore with £100 per annum 'for the maintenance of 12 poor old women of the parishes'.
© Mr Geoffrey Wolmark
1749, designed by James Moyser and built by Thomas Wrightson
Listed Grade II in 1950