Marjory L Wight (1889-1973)
Born in 1889, Marjory Wight started photography while at school. Working largely in Herefordshire and Worcestershire, where she lived for her entire life, her focus was often on recording rural architecture, practices and crafts.
Many of Marjory’s photographs have been used to illustrate books and other publications. The Museum of English Rural Life and the Herefordshire Archive and Records Centre hold collections of her photographs.
Marjory continued her photography until the mid-1960s when she was forced to retire due to ill health.
Marjory's negatives held at the Historic England Archive date predominantly from the 1920s to the 1950s. They feature mostly church architecture and ruined monasteries, as well as some prehistoric monuments.