Children in St James's Park, Westminster, London
The oldest of London's royal parks was created 1530-1531 and used as a chase and deer park until the mid 17th century. Between 1814 and 1830 it was landscaped by Nash into a less formal park. This group of youngsters is enjoying a summer's day in the park by the refreshment stall. The stall-holder is keeping a watchful on eye on them. Carbonated soft drinks with various flavourings were being produced in factories by the end of the 19th century. Note the cow who provided fresh milk to drink!