Clifton House, Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Clifton House, Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Photograph taken 24 May 2001 © Paul Eggleston. Source Historic England Archive ref: 335659

This large house was built in 1783 by John Carr. It was made for Joshua Walker. The Walker family held the estate until it was sold in 1860. The house was purchased by Rotherham Corporation in 1891 and was used as a museum.