Coxes Lock Mills, Chertsey, Surrey
Coxes Mill and its large millpond were built in the early 1780’s by the ironmaster Alexander Raby. It was used as a cornmill from 1829 until it was closed in 1983. Barges regularly delivered grain to the mill until 1969. This is when grain terminals from London Docks to Tilbury were removed, ending the trade.