Drill Hall, St Andrewgate, York

Drill Hall, St Andrewgate, York
Photograph taken 03 September 2000 © Mr Martin Roberts. Source Historic England Archive ref: 463228

This Drill Hall was built by Gould and Fisher for the First West Yorkshire (York) Rifle Volunteer Battalion. It was built in 1872. It adjoins an earlier building of c1800 that was a house and then an inn before being taken over for military use.

Location

York York

Period

Victorian (1837 - 1901)

Tags

house military hall inn Victorian (1837 - 1901)