Electricity House, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
This building was built as an electricity sub-station in 1894-5. It was part of Cheltenham's first electricity supply (1895). Here 2000 volts were transformed down to 100 volts at the unusual frequency of 94 Hz. In 1907 the sub-station was converted into electricity offices, but the building has now reverted to its original use as a sub-station.