Flamborough Castle, East Riding of Yorkshire

Flamborough Castle, East Riding of Yorkshire
Photograph taken 18 February 2003 © Mr Les Waby. Source Historic England Archive ref: 166824

Flamborough Castle is the remains of a fortified manor house that belonged to the Constable family. The license to crenellate was granted in 1351. What is left is the remains of 3 walls from the square tower. All the dressed outer stone has gone, leaving just the inner layer of rubble stone.