Greyfriar's Hospital, Coventry, West Midlands

Greyfriar's Hospital, Coventry, West Midlands
Photograph taken 17 April 2006 © Mr Walter Chinn. Source Historic England Archive ref: 218487

Greyfriar's Hospital, also known as Ford's Hospital. It was endowed in 1509 by the will of William Ford. There was an additional endowment in 1517 by William Pisford. The building was badly damaged in air raid of November 1940 but rebuilt with original timbers in 1951-3.