The Old Cloth Hall, Guildford, Surrey
The Old Cloth Hall was built in 1629 by Archbishop Abbot. It was built on the site of the stables of Abbot's Hospital of the Blessed Trinity. Abbot intended it to be a manufactory to revive the woollen cloth industry in Guildford. He endowed it with £100 p.a. In 1656 it was converted to house paupers. In 1856 it was used for the foundation of George Abbot's School.