The Pack Horse (Porch House), Potterene, Wiltshire
This timber framed house was built in c1480. It was probably built for the Bishops of Salisbury, who held the Manor of Potterne. In 1508 it was leased to W. Trymnell and the Trymnell family held the house in the 17th century. During the 18th century it was a pub called the Pack Horse and was subdivided into cottages, possibly in 1847 when a plaque records repairs by H.S. Olivier of the Manor House. In 1870 a George Richmond R.A. (1809-96) bought the house and restored it with great care.