What Teachers Say about Heritage Schools
Find out what teachers told us about the impact of our Heritage Schools training and read case studies to inspire your teaching.
The Heritage Schools 2020 -2021 Evaluation Report illustrates how our award-winning programme develops teachers' skills and confidence in using local heritage in their teaching. It explains how learning about local history engages pupils and improves their skills
What teachers say about our training
- 98% have a greater understanding of the value of using local heritage in the curriculum
- 95% have developed skills they will use in their teaching
What teachers say about the impact on pupils
- 98% agreed learning about local heritage improved pupils’ sense of place
- 96% agreed learning about local heritage improved pupils' sense of pride
What teachers say about being part of the programme
- 96% of teachers say they are more aware of where to access useful resources
- 96% of teachers say they have a greater understanding of how to embed local heritage into the curriculum
I could have done that CPD all day, it was so interesting. And if we as teachers find it interesting, then it’s easier for us to teach and the children find it interesting.
What our heritage partners say about Heritage Schools
- 100% would recommend participation in the programme to schools
- 100% would like to continue working in partnership with the programme
Full report and case studies
The full report contains results from teacher surveys and case studies of individual schools and heritage partner projects. It shows that Heritage Schools has been successful with a variety of schools in different areas of the country. The interviews highlight the impact of the programme on student teachers’ and pupils' learning and engagement. The case studies describe local heritage projects from different regions of the country. They show how schools have used local heritage to inspire learning across the curriculum.
Each case study can be downloaded here: