What Teachers Say about Heritage Schools
Find out what teachers told us about the impact of our Heritage Schools training and read case studies to inspire your teaching.
The Heritage Schools 2017 -2018 Evaluation Report illustrates how our award-winning programme develops teachers' skills and confidence in using local heritage in their teaching. It explains how learning about local history engages pupils and improves their skills.
What teachers say about our training
- 97% have a greater understanding of the value of using local heritage in the curriculum
- 95% have an increased awareness of and access to useful resources
What teachers say about the impact on pupils
- 98% agreed learning about local heritage improved pupils’ sense of place
- 97% agreed learning about local heritage improved pupils' sense of pride
What teachers say about being part of the programme
- 97% have an increased knowledge of the heritage and cultural offer in their local area
- 99% are more likely to make use of local services and resources linked to heritage
What our heritage partners say about Heritage Schools
- 99% would recommend participation in the programme to schools and heritage/cultural partners
- 95% say they are now more connected to the needs of schools/teachers
Full report and case studies
The full report contains results from teacher surveys and case studies of individual school projects. It shows that Heritage Schools is successful in a variety of schools in different areas of the country. The teacher interviews highlight the impact of the programme on pupils' learning and engagement. The case studies describe local heritage projects from each region of the country. They show how schools have used local heritage to inspire learning across the curriculum.
Each case study can be downloaded here: