Stories in Stone - Mapping migration to Bradford
By using an interactive map pupils will test claims about the history of a place using the individual histories of buildings within it.
What can buildings tell us about the history of Bradford?
Learning aims and outcomes
- Pupils will read and recorded information about six individual historic buildings in Bradford from the interactive map
- Pupils will discuss the extent to which each particular building has changed over time
- Pupils will discuss which buildings have changed most and least
- Pupils will use evidence to show how the histories of particular buildings support historical claims about the history of Bradford
- An understanding that some buildings are older than others