Timeline - Stone Age to Iron Age
The Prehistory Timeline and Quiz created by pupils from The Hall Primary School, Leicestershire is based on information from this Interactive Prehistory Timeline showing the changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age. The information in this timeline is also available as a series of downloadable PowerPoints.
Prehistory Timeline and Quiz
Use either the Interactive Prehistory Timeline or the PowerPoint versions of the timeline to help reinforce a sense of chronology and learn about how Britain changed from the Stone Age to the Iron Age. The Notes sections in the PowerPoints contain additional information for teachers along with a range of activity ideas.
There are also other co-created pupil prehistory resources available as the following Teaching Activities:
Learning aims and outcomes
- Learn about the types of technology used in the Stone Age to Iron Age
- Learn about the everyday life of people in the Stone Age to Iron Age
- Learn about changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age
- Assess the different types of archaeological evidence from the Stone Age to Iron Age
- Establish clear narratives within and across the periods studied
- Understand how knowledge of the past comes from a range of sources
Extended learning and useful links
- The Interactive Prehistory Timeline
- Teaching Activity Prehistoric Rock Art
- Teaching Activity Must Farm: What was life like in Bronze Age Cambridgeshire?
- Blackdown Hills AONB teaching resources for Hembury Iron Age Hillfort
- Prehistoric Burial in Britain - Schools’ information pack featuring Michael Rosen poems and accompanying Class Handout