119-123 Upper Spon Street, Coventry
119-123 Upper Spon Street, Coventry, West Midlands CV1 3BQ View on map
Late medieval (15th century) terrace of houses, known as Black Swan Terrance, with 16th to 20th century alterations. One of few timber framed structures in Coventry to survive in situ. Listed Grade II. Restored by the Spon End Building Preservation Trust. No.122 has been restored as a Medieval weavers cottage, furnished with appropriate artefacts and loom on upper floor. Garden at rear restored with plants typical of Tudor period (1540). Activity centre in adjacent building (No. 121) with information and displays.
Every second Saturday of the month, starting in the spring; 9th April, 14th May, 11th June, 9th July, 13th August, 10th & 11th September (Heritage Open Weekend)
Junction 7 from Coventry ring road (in direction of Tile Hill), turn right at 2nd set of traffic lights, then first left. Spon Street runs parallel to The Butts. Rail: Coventry (1mile). Bus: City Centre no's 6, 6a, 10 and 18.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes