All Saints, High Laver
All Saints, High Laver, Essex CM5 0DU View on map
Small rural parish church, late 12th century and altered mid 14th century. Flint rubble with a tiled roof. Partial brick tower with a wooden spire and fine weathervane. Outside the south wall is the tomb of John Locke, philosopher d.1704.
All year: daily (except 25 and 26 December) 9am - 5pm.
5 miles East of Harlow, the church is on the crossroads of the Moreton - Matching and Harlow - Little Laver Roads. Rail: Harlow Town (7 miles), Epping (5 miles).
Roadside parking or in neighbouring farmyard.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes