All Saints, Newland
All Saints, Newland, Coleford, Gloucestershire GL16 8NL View on map
13th - 15th century church known as the 'Cathedral of the Forest' because of the breadth of aisles. Notable features include an octagonal font of 1661, a fine ironwork screen across south aisles and Medieval floor tiles in south chancel chapel. Many 17th century floor tombstones and several monuments and effigies including one to the founder of the church Robert de Wakering who was appointed rector in 1216. Some stained glass by Clayton and Bell and east window by Kempe.
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.