All Saints, Orton
All Saints, Orton, Penrith, Cumbria CA10 3RQ View on map
Early 13th century cruciform church with 16th century west tower now lime rendered and limewashed in accordance with past records. Chancel and nave rebuilt during 1878 by Paley and Austin.
Daily 9.30am - 4pm in winter, 9.30am - 6pm in summer. At other times by prior arrangement with Mrs A Milburn (01539 624382)
Orton village is 2 miles from M6 junction 38. Rail: Kirkby Stephen (Settle to Carlisle line, 12 miles), Oxenholme (main west coast line, 16 miles). Very limited bus service.
Additional parking space within walking distance.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes