All Saints, The Street
All Saints, The Street, Croxton, Norfolk IP24 1LL View on map
Parish church dated to 12th century and much restored in 1856. The plan comprises a round west tower (12th century), with a belfry stage (undated, but windows of circa 1300), and a broach spire (19th century). The nave and chancel both have evidence of 12th century origins judging by the Norman window in the chancel. The south clerestorey has a fine set of 16th century brick windows. These, with the round tower and the fine 15th century hammerbeam roof of the nave, are outstanding features of the church.
First Saturday in March until last Saturday in November 11am to 5pm. Sundays following Services from 10am - 4pm. At other times contact details for the church key holder are displayed in the church porch and notice board outside.
Just over 1 mile north of Thetford on A11. Church clearly visible on entering village. Rail: Thetford 2.5 miles.
Car parking available in adjacent streets.