Belper Unitarian Chapel, Field Row
Belper Unitarian Chapel, Field Row, Belper, Derbyshire DE56 1DH View on map
The congregation at Belper was founded in 1689. Jedebiah Strutt, the mill owner, built the current building in 1788, with his own private entrance and approach road. The original tiered box pews remain, beneath which is an arched catacomb, where Jedebiah Strutt and family members are buried.
1st Saturday of each month 10.30am - 1pm, 1st Sunday of each month 12noon - 1pm, 2nd & 4th Sunday of each month 11.45am - 1pm, Every Sunday 9.30am - 11am. Local and National Heritage days each year (dates TBC). Details of key holders and access at other times by prior arrangement through Derwent Valley Visitor's Centre (www.belpernorthmill.org.uk or 01773 880474) or Mr David Burton Chairman of Trustees 01629 734072.
Off Green Lane, north-east of the rail station. Rail: Belper (¼ mile).
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes