Blessed Virgin Mary, Brompton Ralph
Blessed Virgin Mary, Brompton Ralph, Taunton, Somerset TA4 2RU View on map
Parish Church set in countryside among the foothills of Exmoor. Date of original construction unknown, but likely c1400, with extensive rebuilding in c1738. Nave with four bar arcade. Western tower with diagonal buttresses and south porch. Chancel (rebuilt c1738), vestry adjacent, north aisle (added 1847). Some 15th, 16th, and 17th century furnishing and fittings.
Open at all times.
Situated in the centre of the rural village of Brompton Ralph. Car: B3188 - approximately 3 miles north of Wiveliscombe, then follow road signs down narrow lane to Brompton Ralph. Rail: Taunton (11.1 miles)
Additional parking in the village hall car pack.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes