Blythburgh Priory, Blythburgh
Blythburgh Priory, Blythburgh, Suffolk IP19 9LR View on map
Remains of church and Augustinian priory founded in the 12th Century and closed in 1537 during the dissolution of the monasteries. Recent archaeology provided evidence of a Saxon place of worship. Television’s Time Team paid a three day visit in 2008. The first Christian service for 500 years was held in 2011 and marked the start of ‘Celebrating Blythburgh’ festival. English Heritage has grant aided archaeological works and repairs
By appointment. Also open for annual Summer Fete, please check for date, and Christmas Carol Service, please check for date
On A12 between Ipswich and Great Yarmouth. Rail Darsham, 5 miles
Public parking adjacent to site.