Bullhouse Chapel, Bullhouse Lane
Bullhouse Chapel, Bullhouse Lane, Bullhouse Bridge, Millhouse Green, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S36 9NF View on map
The chapel was registered as a place of worship for Dissenting Protestants in 1692 at Pontefract Assizes and has had a continuous history of independent worship to this day. Its beauty lies in its simplicity. The pulpit is the focal point and is believed to be the original.
26 February - 26 November: Mondays, 9am - 3pm. At other times by means of a key held in a key safe, the code can be obtained by a telephone call to Miss Hilda Howard (tel: 01226 766907). Other telephone numbers for access are displayed in the porch.
Off A628 Barnsley to Manchester road near Millhouse Green. Rail: Penistone (3 miles by road or 2 miles walking distance on the Transpennine Way). Bus: routes 23, 23A and 25 (Penistone Station to Millhouse Green).
Chapel on private land, please respect this and shut gate.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes