Charging House at Newland Furnace, Ulverston
Charging House at Newland Furnace, Ulverston, Cumbria LA12 7QG View on map
Built 1747 and closed 1891, water powered and charcoal fuelled blast furnace producing pig iron from local haematite ore. The furnace and associated buildings are being preserved by the Newland Furnace Trust.
Last Saturday of the month 1pm onwards, all other times by prior arrangement.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Off A590, 1 mile east of Ulverston. Rail: Ulverston (2 miles).
On street nearby.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes