Clifford Castle, Clifford
Clifford Castle, Clifford, Herefordshire HR3 5EU View on map
Barbican and keep of Norman motte and bailey castle (ruins) on the River Wye. Originally built in 1070 and added to over the next 250 years. A five tower shell keep dominates the site.
28 days per year, listed at www.cliffordcastle.org with at least one month's notice.
Off the B4350 in Clifford, 2 miles NE from Hay-on-Wye. Rail: Hereford (19 miles)
Limited on grass verge under trees outside entrance to property.