Coastal Artillery Battery, Blyth Links
Coastal Artillery Battery, Blyth Links, Northumberland NE24 3PL View on map
Artillery battery built in 1916 to defend the submarine base in Blyth Harbour. An observation post was added and the gun emplacements altered during World War II. The buildings are constructed of concrete and steel and were designed to withstand shelling but were not intended to stand in the long term. English Heritage, as was, part-funded a programme that has repaired several structures on the site but further works are required.
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.