Cockle Park Farm Pele Tower, Morpeth
Cockle Park Farm Pele Tower, Morpeth, Northumberland NE61 3EB View on map
Early 16th century tower house, altered in 17th century. The tower is thought to have been built circa 1520 for Sir William, 4th Lord Ogle, passing to the Bothal Estates whose later owners became Dukes of Portland. In the l9th century it became the centre of the Duke's experimental farm. Less an isolated tower house, far more a substantial defensive hall-house of which few remain in the region.
10.00am- 4.00pm: 19th-23rd March, 23rd- 27th April, 14th- 18th May, 18th- 22nd June, 20th-24th August, 22nd-26th October. All visitors are to contact the Cockle Park Farm office on 0191 2082288 or email email@example.com to arrange for access. Access is by appointment at other times.
Turn right off the A1 North, 2 miles north of Morpeth and follow the signs to Cockle Park. Rail: Morpeth (3.5miles)
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes