Felton Park Greenhouse, Felton Park
Felton Park Greenhouse, Felton Park, Felton, Northumberland NE65 9HN View on map
The Grade II greenhouse and potting shed set within the 1774 stone walled garden at Felton Park, was built about 1830. It is one of the earliest surviving buildings in the UK to use slender, curved wrought iron glazing bars and fish-scale glass; at the time a highly innovative technique. One of only a handful of comparative structures in Britain, the design follows closely the recommendation of John Claudius Loudon, the great garden designer and "hothouse" expert.
March 19th to April 3rd inclusive (ideal opportunity to view the Camellias housed in the greenhouse); May 26th to 31st inclusive and September 8th to 13th- opening times will be 10.00am- 4.00pm.
Located in Felton village- Situated 200 yards west of Felton Parish Church, which is at the top of Church Bank. Rail: Alnmouth (11miles) Bus: X15 from Morpeth & Alnwick
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes