Holy Trinity, Church Street
Holy Trinity, Church Street, Elsecar, Barnsley, South Yorkshire S74 8HS View on map
Holy Trinity Church was built by the 4th Earl Fitzwilliam of Wentworth Woodhouse and consecrated in 1843 by the Archbishop of York. It is built of sandstone, roof with slate and designed in the Early English architectural style, with windows made by Morris and Co. of London.
Jan-April, Sept-Nov: Mondays; 10.30am-2.30pm. (Sat 14th Sept; 10am-4pm and Sun 15th Sept; 12am-4pm). May-Aug: Mondays, 10.30am-3.00pm. Dec 2nd, 23rd and 30th; 10.30am-2.30pm, Dec 8th and 15th; 12am-4pm, Dec 9th and 16th; 10am-4pm, Dec 4th; 1pm-3pm.
M1, J36, follow signs for Heritage Centre Elsecar. Holy Trinity Church is 400yds along the Wath Road after the entrance to the Elsecar Heritage Centre. Rail: Elsecar Railway Station (½ mile). Bus: routes 66 (from Barnsley every 10 minutes), 227 (from Rotherham every hour).
On-street parking and on the Parish Hall forecourt opposite.