Holy Trinity, High Street
Holy Trinity, High Street, Rayleigh, Essex SS6 8BB View on map
Parish church. Mainly 14th century built of ragstone and flint. The stone tower came from Rayleigh Castle, a licence was granted for the stone tower by Richard II in 1394 to the people of Rayleigh for the carrying away of stone for repairs to church and building of a belfry. A document of 1396 specifies the building of the tower. Fine tudor brick porch which doubled as Rayleigh's first school.
Weekdays: 10am - 12.30pm; Saturdays: 10am - Noon.
- Other Charges: Small charge applicable for tower openings
Situated at the top of Rayleigh High Street , 1½ miles from Rayleigh Weir roundabout on A127. Rail: Rayleigh (½ mile). Bus: 'Arriva ' nos 1, 7 and 8; 'First' nos 20 and 25.
Public car park opposite church (charges apply).