Holy Trinity, Orton Lane
Holy Trinity, Orton Lane, Norton-Juxta-Twycross, Atherstone, Leicestershire CV9 3PU View on map
Grade II* listed sandstone church built in early 14th century and restored in 1841. Hammer-beam roof over nave and tiled floor of 1791. Fittings include full set of 19th century box pews with poppy head bench ends, hexagonal pulpit and wooden altar of 1843 from Gopsall Park. East window by William Warrington depicting St Mark and St Luke. Gothic style James Butler barrel organ dated 1819 in west gallery.
1 February - 30 November: Saturday 10am - 4pm. At other times by prior arrangement (24 hours notice required).
- Is part of Ride and Stride
2 miles south of junction 11 M42 on A444. Turn left just before or just after Twycross zoo. Rail: Atherstone (7 miles). Bus: no. 7 route from Nuneaton or Ashby de la Zouch.
Roadside parking. Additional parking at adjacent village hall
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes