Independent Methodist, Walmsgate
Independent Methodist, Walmsgate, Barnoldswick, Lancashire BB18 5PS View on map
Constructed in 1892, seating 750, the chapel known as ' The New Ship' is a fine example of Victorian Free Church architecture in Barnoldswick. (Architect: J L Crumblehulme of Manchester). Listed Grade II* it became 'at risk’ due to dry rot and was saved by enabling repairs from 2004 - 2011.
Wednesdays 10am - 1pm; Bank Holidays. other times by arrangement.
From town centre (Church Street) turn right into Walmsgate and the chapel is the first large building on the left. Rail: Colne, Lancashire (5 miles), Skipton, N Yorkshire (9 miles). Bus: weekday ' Town Service ' circular route from Station Road. Frequent X43 Manchester to Skipton.
Free public car park adjacent to the Sunday School plus 2 smaller free car parks off nearby Church Street.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes