Jervaulx Abbey, Ripon

Jervaulx Abbey, Ripon, North Yorkshire HG4 4PH View on map

Ruins of Cistercian Abbey moved to this site in 1156, built of sandstone ashlar in Early English style. Remains of nave, transepts and choir, with a cloister on the south side of the nave, flanked by a chapter house to the east and a kitchen and dorter to the south.

Contact

Opening Arrangements

Everyday: dawn till dusk.

Admission Charges

  • Adult: £3.00 (honesty box)
  • Child: £2.50 (honesty box)

Directions

120 yards off the main A6108 between Masham and Leyburn. Rail: Northallerton (19 miles). Bus: Dales and District.

Parking Spaces

65

150 yards away.

Disabled Access

  • Wheelchair access: Partial
  • Disabled Toilets: Yes
  • Assistance dogs: No