Kersey Mill, Kersey
Kersey Mill, Kersey, Suffolk IP7 6DP View on map
The mill comprises a large three-storey timber framed and weather boarded watermill with attics under a slated roof. John Whitmore and Sons built the original section of the mill, in 1810. In 1868 the mill was enlarged by Whitmore and Binyon, millwrights, of Wickham Market. This included the introduction of a steam engine along with large bolters and elevators; a sophisticated array of equipment which minimised the need for manual handling, and produced fine white milled flour.
- Grant Recipient: Steve de Lara-Bell
- Contact for access: Mr Stephen de Lara-Bell
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.