Kersey Mill, Kersey
Kersey Mill, Kersey, Suffolk IP7 6DP
The mill comprises a large three-storey timber framed and weather boarded watermill with attics under a slated roof. John Whitmore and Sons built the original section of the mill, in 1810. In 1868 the mill was enlarged by Whitmore and Binyon, millwrights, of Wickham Market. This included the introduction of a steam engine along with large bolters and elevators; a sophisticated array of equipment which minimised the need for manual handling, and produced fine white milled flour.
OPEN DAYS 2023: Open 10am - 4pm on the following dates: Every weekend between April 8th and October 1st 2022. Please note we can organise tours for groups by appointment. DRIVE IT DAY - SUNDAY 23rd APRIL; NATIONAL MILLS WEEKEND - 6th-7th MAY; SUFFOLK MILLS OPEN WEEKENDS - TBC;ENGLISH HERITAGE WEEK - TBC 13th,14th and 20th,21st August; SANTA'S WORKSHOP 2023 From Saturday 2nd December - TBC
- Other Charges: Charges apply only for Santa Workshop opening