Latton Priory, Latton Priory Farm
Latton Priory, Latton Priory Farm, Harlow, Essex CM17 9LH View on map
Latton priory was first established in the 12th century, rebuilt in the early 14th century and abandoned by 1534. It comprises a fine, early 14th century crossing (from the former monastic church) with ancillary timber-framed structures of the 17th century and later. These upstanding remains sit at the heart of a much larger scheduled site comprising largely buried remains.
200m south of M11, juction 7 roundabout. Rail: Harlow 3 miles.