Lewes Priory, Priory of St Pancras
Lewes Priory, Priory of St Pancras, Priory Park, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 3PR View on map
Remains of 11th century priory, the first Cluniac priory in England and which survived until the dissolution of the monasteries in 1537. Now a scheduled monument, this historical site has been restored to provide access, education and information. The interpretation panels show how the buildings once looked and a herb garden has been re created for growing plants that the monks would have used for medicinal, culinary and ceremonial purposes
Free entry 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
A27 from Eastbourne or Brighton, take A277 to Lewes at Ashcombe roundabout. After one mile turn into Winterbourne Hollow, then Southover High Street and into Priory Street. Pedestrian signs for the Priory in Mountfield Road car park. Rail: Lewes. Bus: All Lewes bus routes.
Parking is 2 minutes walk away in Mountfield Road and Cockshut Road (pay and display).
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes