Monastic cell and medieval tower on Coquet Island, Coquet Island
Monastic cell and medieval tower on Coquet Island, Coquet Island, Hauxley, Alnwick, Northumberland NE65 0AA View on map
Pre-conquest Monastic cell founded AD684 and a pre-AD 1125 Benedictine foundation located on Coquet Island comprising a domestic range and Chapel. The surviving scheduled structure is an east west range of medieval stone buildings incorporated into 19th century buildings associated with Trinity House Lighthouse. The lighthouse and attached buildings are Grade II* listed buildings.
All opening arrangements via consultation with RSPB Warden Paul Morrison (01665 713459). It is possible to view the Island via the webcam located in Amble Tourist Information Centre
Located offshore on Coquet Island- access only available by boat. Rail: Alnmouth (6 miles)
- Wheelchair access: No
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: No