Naze Tower, The Naze
Naze Tower, The Naze, Old Hall Lane, Walton-on-the-Naze, Essex CO14 8LE View on map
86ft high brick built navigation tower built for Trinity House in 1720. It was designed to serve with Walton Hall as a guide to vessels approaching the Goldmer Gap and also with a light in Suffolk to lead vessels safely in and out of the Suffolk/Essex border rivers. It is now the only tower of its type to survive and is a prominent landmark. The tower is now an art gallery. The tea room and museum and access can be gained to roof viewing platform with panoramic views of Essex coast.
- Grant Recipient: Michelle Nye-Browne
- Contact for access: Mrs Michelle Nye-Browne
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.