Old Duchy Palace, Quay Street, Lostwithiel

Old Duchy Palace, Quay Street, Lostwithiel PL22 0BS

Situated in the heart of Lostwithiel, Old Duchy Palace is a Grade 1 Listed Building, widely regarded as Cornwall’s most important secular historic building. It was built in 1292, as part of the administrative headquarters of the Duchy of Cornwall estate; now it is the only surviving remnant of a complex that occupied 2 acres. For six centuries it served as the Convocation Hall and in turn housed the Stannary Parliament, Coinage Hall and County Assizes. Old Duchy Palace was sold by the Duchy in 1873 to the Restormel Lodge of the Freemasons, who owned it until 2008. It then became at risk and was restored by the Prince's Regeneration Trust in partnership with Cornwall Buildings Preservation Trust during 2011-13. It is sublet to an Antiques business - Aquarius Antiques

Opening Arrangements

Retail business hours Weds and Sats

Parking Spaces