Our Lady of Fatima, Howard Way
Our Lady of Fatima, Howard Way, Harlow, Essex CM20 2NS View on map
Roman Catholic parish church, one of the first liturgically-planned in England, designed in 1953-4 and built 1958-60 to the designs of Gerard Goalen. The chief decorative feature is the fused slab glass set in concrete, designed and made by Dom Charles Norris of Buckfast Abbey, assisted by Paulinus Angold and Jerome Gladman.
All year: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 8am - 10am, Wednesdays 7pm - 8:30pm. Access at other times by prior appointment (tel: 01279 426017).
Off M11 towards Harlow, take A414 and follow signs for hospital. Rail: Harlow (1 mile) Bus: Harlow local routes 510 and 500.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes