Park Wall and Steps at Hinchingbrooke School, Brampton Road
Park Wall and Steps at Hinchingbrooke School, Brampton Road, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 3BN View on map
Hinchingbrooke House stands on the site of an Augustinian Nunnery, suppressed in 1538 and largely rebuilt and extended by the Cromwell’s by 1627. The Park Wall was constructed in 1663-4 by the first Earl of Sandwich, Edward Montagu. It runs on a north-south axis along Brampton Road for 125m before turning west for a further 166m. Pepys steps are located directly west of the wall and provide access from the lower terrace to the upper, which runs adjacent to the C17-C18 wall, and were mostly likely commissioned by the Earl when he designed the garden in the mid-1660s (the steps may also contain some C18 fabric).
Every Sunday 17 June 2017 to 26 August 2017 2pm to 5pm.
- Adult: £5.00
- Child: £4.00
- Other Charges: £4.00 Concessions
1 mile from Huntingdon town centre on the B1514. Train: Huntingdon 1/2 mile.
- Wheelchair access: Yes
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes