Saltram House, Plympton
Saltram House, Plympton, Plymouth, Devon PL7 1UH View on map
A remarkable survival of a George II mansion, complete with its original contents and set in a landscaped park. Robert Adam worked here on two occasions to create the state rooms. These show his development as a designer, from using the conventional Rococo, to the low-relief kind of Neo-Classical detail that became his hallmark and with which he broke new ground in interior design.
House and Chapel Tearoom: 11am-3:30pm (January - February); 11am-4:30pm (March - October); 11am-3:30pm (November - December) Garden, Park Cafe, Shop: 10am-4pm (January - February); 10am-5pm (March - October); 10am-4pm (November - December) Park: Dawn to dusk, all year. Closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day, except for the park. Chapel tearoom opening hours may be longer in fine weather and shorter in poor weather Winter route in operation West wing route only 11-12. Whole house from 12 (timed tickets). Last admission to the House 45 minutes before closing, timed tickets in operation. Winter route decorated for Christmas.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
- Adult: House & Garden, Mar-Oct: £11.80 (with Gift Aid) £10.70 (Standard); House & Garden (Nov-Feb): £8.30 (with Gift Aid), £7.50 (Standard); Garden Only: £6.10 (with Gift Aid), £5.50 (Standard)
- Child: Over five years of age. House & Garden, Mar-Oct: £5.90 (with Gift Aid) £5.30 (Standard); House & Garden (Nov-Feb): £4.10 (with Gift Aid), £3.70 (Standard); Garden Only: £3.00 (with Gift Aid), £2.70 (Standard)
- Other Charges: FAMILY (2 adults, 3 children) House & Garden, Mar-Oct: £29.50 (with Gift Aid) £26.70 (Standard); House & Garden (Nov-Feb): £20.70 (with Gift Aid), £18.70 (Standard); Garden Only: £15.10 (with Gift Aid), £13.70 (Standard). FAMILY (1 adult) House & Garden,
3½ miles east of Plymouth city centre between the A38 and the A379. Rail: Plymouth (3½ miles). Bus: Plymouth Citybus 19/A/B, 20-2 or 51 from Plymouth. Alight at junction of Plymouth Road/Plympton Bypass, ¾ mile footpath.
Parking 500 metres from house, 6 marked spaces for the disabled and 5 others on tarmac, remainder on grass. 175 spaces daily, 700 for events. Car parking £3 per vehicle.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes