Saltram House, Plympton
Saltram House, Plympton, Plymouth, Devon PL7 1UH View on map
George II mansion, complete with its original contents and set in a landscaped park. Robert Adam worked here on two occasions to create the state rooms. These show his development as a designer, from using the conventional Rococo, to the low-relief kind of Neo-Classical detail that became his hallmark and with which he broke new ground in interior design.
House and Chapel Tearoom*: 11am-3:30pm (January-February)**; 11am-4:30pm (March-October)***; 11am-3:30pm (November-December)** Garden, Park Cafe, Shop: 10am-4pm (January-February); 10am-5pm (March-October); 10am-4pm (November-December) Park: Dawn to dusk, all year. Closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day, except for park. *Chapel tearoom opening hours may be longer in fine weather and shorter in poor weather. **Winter route in operation. ***West wing route only 11-12. Whole house from 12 (timed tickets) Last admission to the House 45 minutes before closing, timed tickets in operation. Winter route decorated for Christmas.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
- Adult: House & garden (Mar-Oct): Adult Standard £10.70, Adult Gift Aid £11.80. House & Garden (Nov-Feb): Adult Standard: £7.50, Adult Gift Aid £8.30. Garden only: Adult Standard: £5.50, Adult Gift Aid £6.10
- Child: Children over 5 years of age. House & garden (Mar-Oct): Children Standard £5.30, Children Gift Aid £5.30. House & garden (Nov-Feb): Children Standard £3.70, Children Gift Aid £4.10. Garden only: Children Standard £2.70, Children Gift Aid £3.00
- Other Charges: Family (2 adults & 3 children): House & garden (Mar-Oct): Family Standard £26.70, Family Gift Aid £29.50. House & garden (Nov-Feb): Family Standard £18.70, Family Gift Aid £20.70. Garden only: Family Standard £13.70, Family Gift Aid £15.10. Family (1 adul
3½ miles east of Plymouth city centre between the A38 and the A379. Rail: Plymouth (3½ miles). Bus: Plymouth Citybus 19/A/B, 20-2 or 51 from Plymouth. Alight at junction of Plymouth Road/Plympton Bypass, ¾ mile footpath.
Parking 500 metres from house. 10 marked spaces for the disabled. 420 spaces daily. Car parking £3 per vehicle.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes