Serbian Orthodox Church of St George, St Georges Street
Serbian Orthodox Church of St George, St Georges Street, Leicester LE1 1QH View on map
Built 1823 - 1827 in the English Perpendicular style with a west tower, St George was the first church built in Leicester post-reformation, with the chancel added in 1879. The Serbian Orthodox church has used the GII listed church since 1983. The churchyard was closed to burials in the late nineteenth century.
3 hours every other week depending on availability, open on every Saints day, at least 20 days and local city events, at least 5 days. at other times by prior arrangement, ideally with 1 weeks notice.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Accessible from Rutland Street to the front and St George Street to the rear. Both have on street parking with meters. On approaching Leicester follow brown signs for the Cultural Quarter on the A594 inner ring road. If coming form the north, pass Lidl on the right the staying in the right hand lane, take the exit for Queen Street then turn left onto St George Street. Rail: Leicester (0.3 miles). Bus: Leicester Haymarket, Many local bus routes along Charles Street.
On street parking with meters on surrounding streets
- Wheelchair access: No
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: No