St Andrew, Ashford Bowdler
St Andrew, Ashford Bowdler, Shropshire SY8 4DJ View on map
Dating from 12th and 15th century, with later restorations. 2 round arched blocked doorways, 15th century arched south door, oak shingled bell core and broach spire. Chancel rebuilt in 1907 after collapsing into the River Teme. Interesting box pews and wall monuments.
All year: 10 am to 4pm (occasionally later in Summer). Key holder details displayed in the church porch.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
3 miles south of Ludlow, at the far end of the village, which is a cul-de-sac off the A49 main road. Access is signposted over a private drive. Rail: Ludlow (3 miles). Bus: route 731 (Ludlow to Tenbury Wells) stops at the entrance to the village.
On private land but is free to church visitors. No separate parking for the disabled.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes