St Andrew, Bainton
St Andrew, Bainton, East Yorkshire YO25 9NJ View on map
Southwest corner of chancel c1280, with probably late 12th century origins otherwise c1330-40 rebuilt by rector William de Brocklesby, with later additions, including vestry and south porch of c1843 by Henry Wheatley, and restorations including that of 1866 by Fowler of Louth.
Everyday: daylight hours. If locked contact Sue Lowes on 01377 217055 or Cathy Otton-Goulder on 01377 217100.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Centre of the village, off main road A614 (Howden to Bridlington), where A614 merges briefly with B1248 (Beverley to Malton). 25 miles east of York; 5 miles southwest of Driffield; 9 miles north northwest of Beverley. Rail: Driffield (5 miles), Bevereley (9 miles), Howden (21 miles), York (25 miles). Bus: Routes 46, 47 (York), 1420 (Beverley), 121 (Hull).
Some parking beside church and large lay-by 5mins walk from church.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes