St Andrew, Bredwardine
St Andrew, Bredwardine, Herefordshire HR3 6BT View on map
Early Norman church in a beautiful setting above the banks of the River Wye, restored 1875. Notable features include unusual 'bend' in the nave towards the altar, late 12th century font and tombs of Knights. Victorian diarist Frances Kilvert was rector from 1877 until his untimely death in 1879.
All year: during day light hours.
- Is part of Ride and Stride
From A4110 at Wigmore take the road towards Ludlow. The church is north east of the village of Leinthall Starkes at the bottom of a grassy slope leading down from the road. Rail: Ludlow (7 miles).
Some parking available at top of the slope leading down to the church.
- Wheelchair access: No
- Disabled Toilets: No
- Assistance dogs: Yes