St Andrew, Chadwick Road
St Andrew, Chadwick Road, Eccles, Manchester M30 0NZ View on map
A large imposing church built in 1877-9 with interior completed in 1883. The architect, Herbert Edward Tijou, was also responsible for the chapel at Loreto College Manchester. Fine Victorian decorative features of stone carvings, oak panelling and especially the stained glass by Charles Kempe, Shrigley & Hunter and Alfred Hemming.
All year: Fridays 9.30am - 12.15pm and 12.45pm - 2.30pm.
- Open on Heritage Open Day
Junction 2 M602, then 1st exit on roundabout, 1st left into Wellington Road, turn left at lights into Albert Road, right into Peel Street and left into Russell Street. Rail: Eccles (½ mile). Bus: Bus and tram terminal within walking distance.
Additional parking at rear of building off Mather Avenue.
- Wheelchair access: Partial
- Disabled Toilets: Yes
- Assistance dogs: Yes