St Andrew, Church Path
St Andrew, Church Path, Aller, Somerset TA10 0QP View on map
Grade II* listed village church of local lias stone construction. With its origins in the Saxon period the church has undergone a number of restorations, the most extensive of which took place between 1861-62 under the guidance of John Norton. Of particular interest is the font, which it is claimed was used in the baptism of Guthrum, leader of the Danes, following his defeat by King Alfred The Great in 878.
⚠️ Coronavirus: We do not expect any grant-aided properties to be open at the current time.